A US-ordered killing of Qassem Soleimani, a key Iranian lynchpin could overturn many calculations. This page contains ongoing assessments from RUSI experts and background analysis from RUSI's archives.
- Iran's Objectives and Capabilities: Deterrence and Subversion
- Drones in the Middle East
- Iran and the West after the Nuclear Deal: High Hopes, Low Returns
- The Iran Nuclear Deal Two Years On: Will the Agreement Survive?
IN THE NEWS
- Karin von Hippel on the US strike on Qassem Soleimani
- Iran crisis: Stress, fear and incompetence are the most likely culprits for Tehran air disaster
- Aniseh Bassiri Tabrizi on the IRGC and Iran's foreign policy decision making
- Its Missiles Did Little Damage, but Iran Has More Potent Weapons
- Mideast on alert after Iran fires missiles at U.S. forces in Iraq
- Iran's hackers can be a real threat to Trump
- UK 'Smart' To Keep Out Of Escalating US-Iran Tensions
- The Suleimani assassination goes against Trump’s policy – but not his character
- Cyberattack and proxy violence warnings as Iran threatens ‘nightmare’ revenge against US
- Iran plane crash: Why this could be a watershed moment