The report from the Emergency Response and Civil Defence Workshop, held at RUSI on 11 December 2007, has now been completed, and is available for download.
The report contains papers from all the day’s speakers, including:
- Bruce Mann, Director, Civil Contingencies Secretariat
- Ian Horseman Sewell, Director, G4S
- Baroness Pauline Neville-Jones, Shadow Security Minister, Conservative Party
- Bo Richard Lundgren, Director of the Institute for National Defence and Security Policy Studies, Swedish National Defence College
- Dr Sara Ulrich, Hurricane Katrina expert
- Dr Robin Woolven, Institute of Civil Defence and Disaster Studies
- Lt Col Brent Bankus, US Army College
The report also contains reports of the four afternoon discussion forums, which addressed topics including the provision of horizontal and mutual aid and community engagement in emergency response. Please follow the download link on the right.