A panel of RUSI experts will discuss the threat of Russian military action against Ukraine and analyse the short and long-term developments of this evolving crisis.
Over 100,000 Russian troops are massed along the border with Ukraine. With the odds of war and tensions perilously high, European countries and the US are taking seriously once more the possibility of Russian military action in Europe. Conflict can still be avoided through deterrence and diplomacy, but time is running out. The key questions to be addressed by the panel include:
- What is Russia's strategic and political thinking on Ukraine?
- What are Russia’s military capabilities and way of warfare, and what might deter it from attacking Ukraine?
- How will the international community respond to Russian aggression?
The panellists are:
- Sam Cranny-Evans, Research Analyst, Military Sciences, RUSI
- Emily Ferris, Research Fellow, Russia and Eurasia, RUSI
- Dr Neil Melvin, Director, International Security Studies, RUSI
The webinar will be moderated by Dr Jonathan Eyal, Associate Director, Strategic Research Partnerships, RUSI.
These briefings are open to Major Corporate Level Members and above.
To attend this event, please e-mail Živilė Kulevičiūtė, Events Manager, at ZivileK@rusi.org.