Artificial intelligence (AI) will play a transformative role in the twenty-first century human experience – including conflict. What role exactly remains to be seen, yet we have already had a glimpse from social-media bots to Wall Street trading. But are we courting the worst kind of failure of all – a failure of imagination?
- £5 for students,
- £10 for RUSI members,
- £12 for non-members.
The evening is moderated by Dr Ali Hossaini, artist and Visiting Research Fellow, King's College London.
- Professor Nick Yeung, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Oxford
- Dr Pippa Malmgren, co-founder of H Robotics
- Grady Booch, IBM Fellow and chief scientist, Watson
- Jason Hansa, winner of the Atlantic Council Art of the Future contest on AI
- Johannes Grenzfurthner, artistic director, monochrom
- General Andrew Sharpe, Director, British Army’s Centre for Historical Analysis and Conflict Research
- Arohi Jain, Project Leader, The Future Society, Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- Oliver Lewis, Improbable
- Keith Dear, Wing Commander, RAF and Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford
- August Cole, writer and director, Atlantic Council Art of the Future Project
- Dr Conrad Tucker, Associate Professor of Engineering Design, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Penn State University