This event explored Tehran and London's views on what Iran's role in regional and global security is and could be, and what steps can be taken by both sides to facilitate Iran's inclusion into the international security system.
Watch the recording
Despite the hopes and expectations, more than two years after the announcement of the Iran deal in July 2015 tensions between the West and Iran remain high and, especially over the past few months, the risk that the deal will fail to translate into a more substantial cooperation on regional and international security has increased.
This session will examine respective views on Iran's role in regional and global security as well as explore which steps can be taken on issues such as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action or regional dossiers to ensure Iran's inclusion into the international securty system.
- The Rt Hon Jack Straw, Former Foreign Secretary, UK
- Kayhan Barzegar, Chair, Department of Political Science and International Relations, Islamic Azad University
- Gholamali Chegnizadeh, Associate Professor, Allameh Tabatabai University
- Seyed Jalal Dehghani Firoozabadi, Professor, Allameh Tabatabai University
- Michael Axworthy, Senior Lecturer, University of Exeter
- Dr Aniseh Bassiri Tabrizi, Research Fellow, RUSI
For further information regarding this event, please contact Jeremy Wimble, via Jeremyw@rusi.org.