A RUSI panel discussion ahead of the government’s announcement on Modernising Defence.
Unlock content by joining RUSIView membership options
Join the World’s Leading Defence and Security Community
- A busy programme of members' only events
- Access to a suite of RUSI publications
- Access to experts, networks and research teams
Throughout 2018, the Ministry of Defence has been undertaking a defence review to match resources to requirements. This supposes that the government understands the range of obligations it has, the sort of operations towards which it might commit UK forces, the strength and depth of the on-shore and international defence industrial base, and the range of technologies emerging to challenge conventional orders of battle.
To discuss these key strategic issues ahead of the government’s announcement on Modernising Defence, RUSI’s own in-house experts will craft an understanding of the forces and factors at work.
- Professor Malcolm Chalmers, Deputy Director-General;
- Professor John Louth, Director, Defence, Industries and Society;
- Professor Peter Roberts, Director Military Sciences.
The panellists will contribute briefings on their specialist areas and take questions from the floor.
A drinks reception will be held, prior to the panel discussion, from 1730 to 1815.
To attend this event, please register online using the "Register Now" button above. If you have any queries please contact Annalinda Riley, at AnnalindaR@rusi.org or call +44 (0)20 7747 2600