This conference in collaboration with BICOM explored UK policy in the Middle East after Brexit.
Unlock content by joining RUSIView membership options
Join the World’s Leading Defence and Security Community
- A busy programme of members' only events
- Access to a suite of RUSI publications
- Access to experts, networks and research teams
Brexit will force the UK into a critical re-examination of its place on the international stage. This includes a reconsideration of the UK’s strategy in the Middle East. As tensions between the US and Iran are rising again, it vital to assess how the UK can pursue its interest and support its allies in the region.
Bringing together a select audience of academics, policy experts, think tankers, journalists and government officials, the conference divided the topic into three themes: current policy, the UK’s role in the region and future challenges in the Middle East.
The speakers for this event are the following:
- Baroness Catherine Ashton - former High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy
- Rt. Hon. Alistair Burt MP - former Middle East Minister
- Sir Mark Lyall Grant - former UK National Security Advisor
- Professor Michael Clarke - former RUSI Director-General
- Dr Emman al-Badawy - Institute for Global Change
- Dr Toby Greene - Queen Mary University
- Dr David Roberts - King’s College London
- Jane Kinninmont - Head of programming, The Elders
- Dona Haj, DCMS UK-Israel Tech Hub
The event starts at 0915 and registration is open from 0845 with coffee served on arrival. The day is expected to finish at 1530.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us.