The 2023 RUSI Air and Missile Defence Conference will examine the lessons from recent conflicts that should inform future Western efforts in delivering Integrated Air and Missile Defence (IAMD). The conference will examine:
- The tactics of both regular and irregular adversaries.
- Challenges and opportunities posed by new technology.
- Command and control lessons.
- Optimising air defenders’ tactics, techniques and procedures and the activities of personnel operating platforms.
We will seek to shed light on what is likely to be a critical component of any effort by Western states to prosecute war effectively.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Major General David Eastman, Assistant Chief of Defence Staff Capability and Force Development.
- Major General Eran Ortal, Director, Dado Center for Interdisciplinary Military Studies.
- Peter Woodmansee, US European Command Missile Defense Program Manager.
- Colonel Graham Taylor, Commanding Officer, 7 Air Defence Group.
- Dr Jack Watling, Senior Research Fellow, RUSI.
- Dr Michael Knights, Jill and Jay Bernstein Fellow, the Washington Institute.
- Rear Admiral Archer Macy, Former Director, the Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defence Organization.
- Radoslava Stefanova, Head, IAMD Section, NATO Defence Capability Division.
- Robert Soofer, Former US Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear and Missile Defense Policy.
- Dr Markus Schiller, Founder and Director, ST Analytics.
- Dr Ulrike Franke, Senior Policy Fellow, European Council on Foreign Relations.
- Dr Tom Karako, Director Missile Defence Project, CSIS.
- Captain Patrick Hinton, Chief of the General Staff’s Visiting Fellow, RUSI.
- Mark Cazalet, Editor-in-Chief of European Security and Defence, Mittler Report publishers.
Conference tickets will be made available shortly.