The Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) within the UK comprises of essential services and systems that provide the underpinning to society. The protection of these assets, services and systems, which may be physical and/or cyber based, is crucial to maintaining ‘the state’; disruption, damage or destruction could impose a threat to the delivery of vital provisions nationwide.
Since incidents such as the fuel protests, foot and mouth outbreak and more recently the London bombings, the interdependent sectors within the CNI have exposed their vulnerability regardless of whether the threats are natural or man-made. Security is further complicated as the responsibility of the CNI lies with both the public and private sectors, and to ensure its security close co-operation at all levels is essential.
This Conference aims to address the key issues regarding interoperability, ownership, responsibility and accountability. Key speakers from central, regional and local government will be brought together with regulators, private sector and communities that are fundamental to the daily operation of the country.
Invited Speakers Include:
- Rt Hon Dr John Reid MP, Secretary of State for the Home Office
- Dennis Mills, Business Director, Thales
- Doug Turner, Deputy Director, BT Group Engineering Services
- Geoff Miller, Head of Risk Management, United Utilities
- Rt Hon Douglas Alexander MP, Secretary of State for Transport
- Professor Edward Borodzicz, Portsmouth University
- Patrick Mercer OBE MP, Shadow Minister for Homeland Security
- Dr Timothy Stone, International Chairman PPP/PFI, KPMG
For further information on this event, or to discuss sponsorship opportunities please contact Suraj Lakhani on +44 (0) 207 747 2629 or email@example.com
To register for this event please contact Lisa Muxworthy on +44 (0) 207 747 2619 or firstname.lastname@example.org