What will the security landscape look like when planners meet to form the Strategic Defence and Security Review next year? The Global Trends conference will explore a number of global trends that are likely to affect security and defence policy in the UK over the coming years. These include the rise of extremist ideologies, the possibility of great power conflict, demographic changes and urbanisation, pandemics, and climate change.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Prof Raimund Bleischwitz, University College London
- Professor Anthony Champion, Newcastle University
- Dr Jonathan Eyal, RUSI
- Professor Sir Lawrence Freedman, King’s College London
- Professor Alice Hills, Durham University
- Shashank Joshi, RUSI
- Michael Le Page, New Scientist
- Sir John Scarlett, RUSI
- Dr Jamie Shea, NATO
- Dr Marc Sprenger, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Professor Monica Toft, University of Oxford
This conference is one of the first of a series of events at RUSI in the run-up to the 2015 general election, setting the scene for policy makers in the year ahead.
This event is open to all. To attend, please register online using the "Book your place" button above. If you have any queries please contact Sabrina Downey, Projects and Events Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.