This conference by RUSI and Cranfield University will provide participants with a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities for British defence acquisition following this year's General Election and ahead of the next CSR and SDSR.
In 2014 the conference attracted a wide-ranging audience from across the UK Ministry of Defence, senior military representatives, policy-makers, industry and academia.
This year, the agenda will examine:
- The nature of the Ministry of Defence's forward programme with a particular focus on relationships, affordability and risk
- The impact of organisations such as the Single Source Regulations Office, UK Defence Solutions Centre and new industry partners
- Actively shaping and deliberately managing multiple partnerships in defence as an enterprise
- International defence acquisition perspectives
The latest programme is now available and confirmed speakers include:
- Philip Dunne MP, Minister of State for Defence Procurement, Ministry of Defence
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Stuart Peach, Vice Chief of the Defence Staff, Ministry of Defence
- Jeremy Newman, Chair, Single Source Regulations Office
- Steve Brittan, Chief Executive Officer, UK Defence Solutions Centre
THE DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATIONS IS 4 SEPTEMBER 2015.
To register and for further information, please visit: http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/about/events/listings/symposia/dac.html
The conference will be held in the Defence Capability Centre at the Defence Academy, Shrivenham. For further venue details please visit:http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/about/locations-and-contacts/how-to-find-shrivenham/
The registration link also provides details on two recommended hotels (Blundson House and Jurys Inn) and reserving rooms at conference promotional rates.
A pre-conference dinner will be held on the evening of Tuesday 8 September at STEAM, the Museum of the Great Western Railway. This unique venue will provide an excellent opportunity to relax, renew acquaintances and network.
The cost of the dinner (including wine) is £65. Complimentary transport will be provided to and from the two recommended hotels (Blundson House and Jurys Inn). Please visit the above link to book your place at the dinner when registering for the conference.
For further details regarding the conference, please contact Avnish Patel.