The Royal United Services Institute and Cranfield University at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom hosted this one day conference examining the implications of the Strategic Defence and Security Review and the Defence Industry and Technology Policy for Defence Equipment and Support out to 2020.
This one day high level conference offered perspectives on the ongoing work of the MoD’s Defence acquisition reform initiatives within the context set by SDSR. MoD speakers covered key areas of current debate, including the delivery of acquisition reform, implementing reform in the MOD’s capability planning review and integrating the effectiveness of the MOD’s in-service support and logistics.
The day also formed part of the consultation for the ‘Equipment, Technology and Support for UK Defence and Security’ Green Paper.
- Vice Admiral Paul Lambert, Deputy Chief of Defence Staff (Capability), Ministry of Defence, UK
- Major General Chris Deverell, Director General Logistics Support and Equipment. Ministry of Defence, UK
- Trevor Taylor, Professorial Fellow Defence Management, RUSI
- Malcolm Chalmers, Professorial Fellow, RUSI
- Tim Banfield, Director Defence, National Audit Office
Participants also discussed how partnering, international collaboration and exports might ensure the future of the UK's industrial base.