You are here
Whitehall Briefing: Reflections on the UK Integrated Review 2021
On 16 March, the government published its Integrated Review of Security, Defence, Development and Foreign Policy, under the title ‘Global Britain in a Competitive Age’. The Review was billed as the largest of its kind since the end of the Cold War and presented a timely opportunity for the United Kingdom to consider the totality of global opportunities and challenges it faces. It was followed by the Defence Command Paper, ‘Defence in a Competitive Age’, on 22 March, and the ‘Defence and Security Industrial Strategy’ document on 23 March.
In this wide-ranging briefing, a panel of RUSI experts will reflect on issues including:
- Whether the UK will be able to execute a meaningful ‘tilt’ to the Indo-Pacific as the Integrated Review envisages without weakening its ability to respond to crises in Europe.
- UK defence industrial strategy questions and their relationship to the Defence Command Paper.
- The impact of abandoning the cap on deployed nuclear warheads and the prospect of a higher warhead stockpile ceiling.
The panellists are:
- Dr Neil Melvin, Director, International Security Studies, RUSI
- Professor Trevor Taylor, Professorial Research Fellow, Defence, Industries and Society, RUSI
- Dr Matthew Harries, Senior Fellow, Proliferation and Nuclear Policy Programme, RUSI
The webinar will be moderated by Dr Imogen Parsons, Acting Director, Terrorism and Conflict group, RUSI.
These briefings are open to Major Corporate Level Members and above.
To attend this event, please e-mail Emilia Markert, Events Manager, at email@example.com