You are here
The Integrated Review: Implications for the UK’s Nuclear Weapons Posture
Join this virtual, interactive workshop for a policy deep dive that explores the key nuclear-related changes in the UK’s Integrated Review.
The UK government has recently published its vision for the UK’s role in the world over the next decade, 'Global Britain in a Competitive Age: The Integrated Review of Security, Defence, Development and Foreign Policy’. Its conclusions will shape the UK’s approach to national security and determine how the government sees the UK’s place in the world. The implications of the UK’s decision to increase - for the first time since the Cold War - the country’s stockpile of nuclear weapons, as well as other major initiatives included in the review will be discussed during the workshop.
The event will bring together emerging technical, operational, and policy experts from across the nuclear community to debate and discuss the most significant changes to the UK’s nuclear weapons posture in at least two decades.
The four topics we will cover during the workshop are :
- National Security and the Strategic Nuclear Context
- The UK’s Nuclear Declaratory Policy
- The UK’s Future Capability
- Arms control, Disarmament, and Non-proliferation
Places at this workshop are limited, in order to enhance group discussions and interactions with the facilitators from DNO and RUSI. If you are interested in participating, please email UKPONI@rusi.org with the following information by Monday, 17 May (5pm BST):
- Full name
- Job title
- Number of years in the nuclear field (please note that the primary target audience for this workshop is students and early-career professionals in their first four years of exposure to nuclear weapons policy and technology issues)
- Max. 50 words explaining how your participation in this workshop would benefit you
- The top two topics you would like to be allocated to during the group discussion (please note that, while we will try to accommodate all requests, we might not be able to allocate everyone to their preferred topic)
The event will take place online on Friday, 21 May, 1300-1445 BST, and will be off the record
We will contact all applicants by Tuesday, 18 May to inform them whether they have been selected or not. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
*Questions for discussion and some reading material will be sent to all the selected participants before the workshop.