RUSI/Cranfield Defence Acquisition Reform 2012
08:30, 23 May 2012
PLACES AVAILABLE: Open to all
To register please visit www.symposiaatshrivenham.com/dar
Standard Rate - £600 + 20% VAT
Corporate Rate - £480 + 20% VAT
SME Rate - £250 + 20% VAT
Military/Government Rate - £150 + 20% VAT
About the event:
Please click here to view the conference programme>
Keynote presentations from:
- Peter Luff, Minister for Defence Equipment and Support, Ministry of Defence
- Major General Chris Deverell, Director Materiel Strategy, DE&S, Ministry of Defence
- Tim Banfield, Director Defence, National Audit Office
The recent defence White Paper ‘National Security Through Technology’, published in January 2012, set out the MOD’s approach to future defence acquisition and loosely defined its relationship to the national industrial base, however, it is how the MoD chooses to implement the strategies laid out that will determine the direction of future defence acquisition and indeed the UK’s defence industry.
Building on the success of last year’s event, the RUSI/Cranfield Defence Acquisition Reform 2012 conference provides a high level forum which will allow you to:
- Obtain a clear understanding of the key strategic challenges facing UK defence acquisition in a fast changing political, social and economic environment.
- Question how these challenges could be overcome and the identification of tensions between competing solutions.
- Identify the impact of the recent Defence White Paper and the DE&S’s Materiel Strategy on industry and the defence acquisition process.
- Hear how to make every pound count in an era of austerity from the political, economic, industrial and defence capability perspectives.
- Consider the acquisition implications associated with delivering the ‘Total Support Force’.
To register for this event please click here.Event manager: Event Office, +44(0)20 7747 2600